Slateman Triathlon - Llanberis, Wales
The Full Triathlon is now full - places are still available in the Sprint
Saturday 17th May 2014 - Slateman Sprint
Sunday 18th May 2014 - The Slateman
The Slateman triathlon is a classic and iconic race. There are very few events which can offer this unique mix of incredible countryside and scenery, the awesome challenge of rugged Snowdonia, the genuine warmth of the Welsh welcome as well as the amazing triathlon carnival for everyone to enjoy. We don't only claim to deliver all of this...we do deliver! Don't just take our word for it though, read some 2013 testimonials here. We are proud to have been shortlisted for Best Welsh Event 2013.
New for 2014, the Slateman Slatefest will be delivered over two days, with the two tri options of the Slateman Sprint on the 17th May and the full Slateman on the 18th May. Team relay categories are also available for both distances.
The race venue is the stunning village of Llanberis at the foot of Snowdon. Llanberis is now firmly recognised as the unofficial adventure capital of Wales, the surrounding scenery and challenge from the triathlon routes are unparalleled. This will be the first in the 2014 Always Aim Tri Series which will also include the Sandman Tri and Snowman Tri.
The two courses are as follows:
Full Slateman (Sunday 18th May):
- 1000m Open Water Swim in Llyn Padarn
- 51 km Road Cycle circular route taking riders over the Llanberis Pass, to Capel Curig, along the Ogwen Valley and return to Llanberis
- 11 km Trail Run through the incredibly spectacular Dinorwig Slate Quarries and Padarn Country Park
Slateman Sprint (Saturday 17th May):
- 400m Open Water Swim in Llyn Padarn
- 20 km Road Cycle up and over the gruelling Llanberis Pass to Pen y Gwryd and return
- 6 km Trail Run through the incredibly spectacular Dinorwig Slate Quarries and Padarn Country Park