Slateman Triathlon - Llanberis, Wales
16/17th May 2015
New for 2015 - are you tough enough to take on the Slateman Savage!? Compete in both the Sprint on Saturday and Full on Sunday and claim your free exclusive "Savage" finishers T-shirt. Who will come out on top?
The Slateman triathlon is a classic and iconic race. There are very few events which can offer this unique mix of incredible countryside and scenery, the awesome challenge of rugged Snowdonia, the genuine warmth of the Welsh welcome as well as the amazing triathlon carnival for everyone to enjoy. We don't only claim to deliver all of this...we do deliver!
Brand new for 2015, we are very proud to announce the addition of the Slateman Savage! Once again the Slateman Slatefest will be delivered over two days, with the two tri options of the Slateman Sprint on Saturday and the Slateman Full on Sunday. The exciting new category is for those crazy individuals who are tough enough to tackle the whole Slateman weekend by completing the Saturday Sprint race before taking on the classic Slateman Full on Sunday. Only these unique few can claim to be 'Slateman Savage'! A bespoke Savage T shirt will be awarded to all finishers in recognition of their amazing achievement.
Sprint, Full or Savage...whatever your race, you have got to be ROCK HARD to do this event!
Team relay categories are also available for both race distances.
The race venue is the stunning village of Llanberis at the foot of Snowdon. Llanberis is now firmly recognised as the unofficial adventure capital of Wales, the surrounding scenery and challenge from the triathlon routes are unparalleled. This will be the first in the 2015 Always Aim Tri Series which will also include the Sandman Tri and Snowman Tri.
The two courses are as follows:
Slateman Full (Sunday 17th May):
- 1000m Open Water Swim in Llyn Padarn
- 51 km Road Cycle circular route taking riders over the Llanberis Pass, to Capel Curig, along the Ogwen Valley and return to Llanberis
- 11 km Trail Run through the incredibly spectacular Dinorwig Slate Quarries and Padarn Country Park
Slateman Sprint (Saturday 16th May):
- 400m Open Water Swim in Llyn Padarn
- 20 km Road Cycle up and over the gruelling Llanberis Pass to Pen y Gwryd and return
- 6 km Trail Run through the incredibly spectacular Dinorwig Slate Quarries and Padarn Country Park